What you need to buy before taking your Hedgehog Home
I will require a picture of your set-up prior to your pick-up appointment. I will not send a baby home without an approved set-up.
Any wire cages (ie. rabbit, guinea pig, Nation Critter cages) will not be approved. They are not safe for an African Pygmy Hedgehog.
I was made aware, by former customers, that my suggested Sterilite bins are difficult to find; therefore they are now available for purchase from me. I will have them pre- drilled for the correct size water bottle with large nozzle, also now available for purchase.
- Plastic Bin, L34” x W18” x H12” NO WIRE CAGES, please!
- 16 oz Waterbottle (large nozzle opening)
- 1 Hamster size food dish (2” diameter)
- Hedgehog-save running Wheel (11”minimal to 13”) flat surface
- Cave for sleeping ( no see-through Igloos!) Cave should be dark and low.
- Heat Source (ie. animal safe heat pad, ceramic heat emitter (NOT REPTILE HEATER)
- Bedding ( I use Pine Shavings, but paper or fleece is ok.) Do NOT use Ceder Or Aspen
- Suggested toys are cat toys without strings, ping pong balls, stuffed small animals, tunnels
DO NOT purchase wire cages or multi level cages!